As some of you know, Locomizer was participating in the Super Mobility Week (CTIA Startup Lab) trade show in Las Vegas this September. The event itself was a huge success and we made a lot of biz dev and VC connections. But today we just wanted to share a snapshot of our brand new banner that we designed and printed to use it first at the CTIA exhibition floor. Who knows, maybe thanks to it we attracted a lot of eyeballs? Check it out:
We all leave a digital footprint as we move from one place to another in our daily lives. It can be an explicit check-in into a restaurant, geo-tagged Facebook update, geo-enabled tweet sent from a smartphone or it can be a credit card payment at one of the physical point of sales. The reality is that the era of persistent location is upon us. Location data is being generated in huge numbers across multiple verticals. In many cases we opt-in to share our location. All kinds of apps, even Angry Birds are asking our permission to use our location history. We estimate that over 60% of smartphone app do so. User location history is a valuable dataset as it provides insights into his real-life interests and preferences. At Locomizer, we believe that our location history = our identity. We are, our real-life interests and preferences are a product of our local footprint. We don’t only believe in this we also have built a very complex patent-pending mathematical solution that is based on the laws of Nature in order to translate user location history (historic lat/lon records) into what we call a very distinctive geo-behavioral user interest profile – a new way to interpret, store and use positional information by assigning affinity scores to interest categories associated with venues. Below is a simple video that shows how user location history can be turned into a user profile, ready for relevant targeting, all kinds of personalization and matching.
Last Updated: November 5, 2013
Our Services may contain links to sites, products or services of other companies which may be of interest to you, and our Services may be available on the sites of other companies. Third-party sites, products and services are not controlled by Locomizer and are not subject to this Policy. This Policy discusses some of our relationships with other companies, but it applies only to the practices of Locomizer in relation to our Services. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of any other sites, products or services that you visit or use.
By using our website and any Services we offer via the website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you via this website.
1. The collection of Information
The following is the type of information we may collect and the ways in which such information is collected:
- Information you provide. Some Services may require you to provide us with information as a condition of accessing and using those Services, while other Services may give you the discretionary option to provide information. You may also choose to submit information to us in other ways, such as when you sign up for an account, request customer support, contact us by email or otherwise communicate with us.
- Information we collect from other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we offer some Services through relationships with other companies and websites, and information and software downloads included in the Services may be available on those third parties’ sites. Information that you provide to those sites may be sent to us. We process that information in accordance with this Policy. The partner companies or sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Location and device information. We offer Services that provides us with the location, certain characteristics, and performance data about your mobile device. This information may include: (1) information about your device, such as the device type, unique device identifier, device location, device phone number and SIM carrier’s name; (2) system measurements, such as information about application processes and your device’s memory and battery; and (3) network measurements, such as the device’s call state, connection state, data activity, signal strength, network packet information, Wi-Fi beacon signals and cell tower data.
- Logged information. When you visit the website and/or use our Services, we may automatically collect and store some system information about your visit that you do not actively provide when you visit our websites, such as your internet protocol (IP) address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet and from which we can identify which country you are in), browser type, the date and time of your visit, and the last website or web page you visited. In addition we receive information about your mobile device and on your carrier.
2. Our use of the information
Locomizer processes the obtained information using our proprietary, nature-inspired algorithm to create ‘User Interest Profiles’. This process of audience discovery and segmentation are used by our clients, such as digital advertisers, in various ways including but not limited to targeted advertising or business expansion. We may also use this information for various other purposes including to:
- Maintain and improve our services, to fulfil your requests for products and services or to contact you.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Locomizer and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services including aggregating such information;
- Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. How we share the information
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the Services we offer through the website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time.
- This includes vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work on our behalf (including, for example, companies that assist in providing services to us (such as web hosting), customer support or email message deployment services for us);
- We reserve the right to disclose you personally identifiable information as required by law for the purposes of investigating, preventing or taking action against suspected or actual prohibited activities including but not limited to potential threats to the safety of any person or fraud. We may also disclose personal information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable law or competent court, regulatory tribunal or government body who is authorised to order its disclosure.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger and acquisition or consolidation of all or a portion of our business, in the event of the sale of company assets, transition of service to another provider or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not directly identify you.
4. Information Security
Locomizer cannot guarantee but endeavours to ensure confidentiality in all situations, including those aforementioned in this Policy. We take reasonable security measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Data is stored on our secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. This information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may not have well developed data protection legislation when compared to European law. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. We also utilise firewalls and encryption techniques (SSL and HTTPS) to safeguard privacy but cannot guarantee absolute security.
5. Our Policy towards children
How is it used? We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If aware, we will use reasonable effort to remove the information from our records.
This Policy is subject to change. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (which may include email notifications of Policy changes for those that have created accounts and provided an email address). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access our Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
7. Contact Us
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a link and a snapshot of our interview to the Geoawesomeness.com website:
GrowthBusiness met with the Collider12 startups to get their recent progress updates, including locomizer. The interesting part is that we did a video interview! Here are some bits:
Now Alexei (Alex) Polyakov and Alexei Poliakov are building their algorithm-based business using their combined career backgrounds which fuse PhD level science and mobile/telecoms experience. Locomizer is an enterprise location analytics offering which helps companies to discover audiences for relevant targeting. It uses location mobile data, which people share on their own will through platforms such as Facebook and FourSquare, to create profiles on where that user has been and where they are likely to go next. – Read more…
Locomizer drives sales by discovering target audiences to match with relevant campaigns.
207 Regent St.
London, United Kingdom